The Center for Arts and Learning is pleased to announce The Pull Room Printmaking Studio; a community printmaking studio that offers studio time, classes, and community support for members. Membership includes studio use with reserved time on the presses, along with an assigned space for personal supplies. The studio provides 24 hour studio access and is open to members ages 16 and up.
The studio has two table top presses (a mini mobile press – 10” x 16” and a Richeson Baby Press – 11” x 19”) , one floor standing press (Whalen Press), member storage, drying rack, water trays, palette knives, brayers, plates and cleaning materials. Ink and paper may be provided during select classes. Membership: $50/month or $600/year.
Experienced teachers should contact Kate Ruddle, The Pull Room’s Staff Coordinator to offer classes. The Studio is looking for any type of printmaking that can be worked with their etching presses. Gelli printing, cyanotype and other non-press methods are also welcome.
All Members are trained on the Whelan Pro Press
The training process:
1. New members receive a welcome letter, and we will schedule your first training session. You may want to review the manual below.
2. 1st training session – This is an orientation to the press and the room – allow 1 hour.
3. 2nd training session – you are expected to have read manual and will be checked out on the press. Read relevant info (see below) and collect questions – allow 1 hour.
4. Once the 1st month payment is received, a key code for studio use will be issued.
5. Congrats! – Schedule time on the press through our online calendar!
Whelan Pro Press Manual
Relevant information: page 3, 4, 11-16, 21, 26 – 28.
For Inquires Contact: Kate Ruddle – Staff Coordinator
The Pull Room Printmaking Studio
Center for Arts and Learning
46 Barre St.
Montpelier, VT 05602